25 September 2009

Sunrise





Sunrise has so many meanings. Its the start to each day and the first seconds to make the most of it. I have begun to make it a ritual to begin to find amazing spots to enjoy and photograph this most beautiful of events.

The beginning of day, like the beginning of a life is both magical and mystical.

My favorite easy spot is at nearby Peace Valley Park in New Britain, PA.

The first and second of these were taken five minutes apart.

The light and sunrise grows as the day gets older. A couple of different metering tricks can produce different color but waiting will as well.

The last one was taken when a cold front came through and the air temperature was about 20F cooler than the water.

I am blessed to have Lake Galena so close to me.

If you have another great Bucks County location, drop me a line



No comments: