27 December 2009

Why DO I use Windows?

My friends are asking me this all the time.

The latest foray that makes me question my sanity was trying to upgrade my main machine at home from Vista to Windows 7. Windows 7 is great they say (I guess compared to Vista; which was two days spent just for that Aero thingie).

After 12 hours, I have abandoned the upgrade path and am doing a fresh install, which means reinstalling all my programs. This was after 2 separate hangs, and applying a Microsoft fixit for the infamous 62 percent hang.



I've played with a MAC, guess the ONLY thing thats keeping me back, even after almost free MS stuff from the MS store, is the investment in software and that many of my favorite pieces of software don't run on a MAC.....

1 comment:

Mark Glidden said...

The software excuse was one I used for a long time (and was a real reason, not an excuse) but I am not sure that this is really applicable to me anymore. I will need a new box in the next 12 months and am mentally preparing myself for the reality that it is time to cross over the the "light side".

The other option is to operate two computers until the PC dies. I am still running XP and am grateful when I read tales like yours.

Good luck